It's been so long since I've blogged, although there has been plenty to write about I just haven't been in the frame of mind to do it.
Balance and Energy haven't always been in the forefront of my mind as I go about my day. Little children and all the needs of running a household take precedence. Now that our children are getting older and MUCH more self-sufficient, I have more time in quiet contemplation.
It gives me the opportunity to think about the direction of my life and the life of my family. I've always struggled with what ifs and dreams of the future. I am not good at seeing a big picture, I tend to focus on the things right in front of me.
Having a balanced marriage, spiritual life, parenting life, and social life is not always easy. I have put aside some of my favorite hobbies while raising small children.
In the last few months, Wally and I have been walking at night and it has given us a calm easy time to talk and reconnect each day. I really enjoy the excercise and companionship that it gives us. This small thing has helped me regain balance in my life and recently I've been more clearly focused on getting things accomplished and having the energy to get all the domestic things done and still have time to cook homemade food and take the kids to the beach and on fun excursions.
Now that summer vacation is almost over, there is a sadness that they are all going back to school. Usually, I'm ready for a change of pace and getting back into a routine, but this year I'm not.
I have to be super organized when getting breakfast and lunches, homework and soccer practice done each day when school is in session, and still have some calm soothing energy to create a house that gives Wally and the kids a place where they can be happy.
I've noticed an amazing transformation in our kids attitude and behavior since I've lowered my hyper energy in the house. Things are much calmer and quieter because of my change in my energy. The saying "when Momma ain't happy, ain't noboby happy" is so true. My attitude and energy reflects directly back on them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allowances and Money training

Innocence and Training

Christmas is Almost Here!