The Roller Coaster

Wow, the past couple of weeks have been quite a roller coaster. Our financial picture has gone down more than up. It seems like we do this every month. We get paid, spend it all and then wait until we get paid again. Some months better than others, but always the pressure. Being self-employed definitely has its ups and downs.
This last week has been especially difficult, so I've not felt the need to post because there is no progress on our debt reduction.
But I've realized that I have much to be thankful about. Watching the horrific scenes in Japan from the tsunami has been hard. I pray for those families still trying to locate their loved ones. Our family has talked and taken action about what we would do in an earthquake. Just beginning the cleanup must be overwhelming.
I am thankful for our health. I heard on the radio about a child who has a life threatening disease and needs to go to Seattle for treatment for six months. Of course, there is insurance, but her mother has to go with her leaving her husband and two small children back here. Many extra expenses will be needed while they are gone and I so wish that we were in a different financial position to help them. I am thankful that we are all healthy.
Beginning Lent makes me reflect on the sacrifice Jesus made for us and it makes my problems seem trivial. We have food on the table, a roof over our heads, and nice clothing to wear. We have a loving family to support us, a strong marriage, and wonderful kids. I really have nothing to complain about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas is Always in December!

The month to end all months!

Christmas is Almost Here!